Cadets and their fans have helped to get this year’s fundraiser into full swing. We need this help for field trips, equipment, letter jackets and classroom extension resources. The work is evident- and every penny can make a real difference. Keep up the fantastic work!! We are so proud of you all.
Our Annual Legacy JROTC Military Ball is from 6:30 pm to 10:30 pm on March 7th at the Sheraton Hotel of Arlington. The hotel is located at 1500 Convention Center Drive near Six Flags. We will be using the Lone Star Ballroom on the second floor. Tickets are available from February 1st thru 25th. Please make any checks payable to Legacy High School.
Dress for ladies is formal dress, gown or pantsuit that has been approved by staff ladies in advance. Please email or show them pictures of your proposed attire to ensure it is approved for this event.
Dress for gentlemen is formal. Male cadets wear their Class A dress uniform with white shirts and black bow ties. There are pictures of such clothing for our cadets on the Military Ball Attire slides found next to the post. Male dates should wear dress coat, collared shirts, and tie. No jeans are permitted, nor are those pants with holes cut in them.
Our meal selections are being considered right now by staffers. Cost of attendance is $40 per seat. Cadets can earn reduced-price tickets and free tickets by surpassing specific quotas (I hate this term too) in the once-only fundraiser during February. All tickets must be purchased before the 25th of February. Please make all checks payable to Legacy High School. As an incentive to our families, our ‘Centurion’ parents, or those that support their cadet with over $100 on Fan-Pledge, will be given free ticket to the Ball.
Here it is!!! Our Fan-Pledge fundraiser is February 6th after school in the Cafeteria. Cadets will be using their cellular phones to make contact with their contact list peeps of at least ten contacts for about 40 minutes. Parent volunteers are needed to keep up with the team progress on a computer and encourage the kids. Our goal is $8000, with free Military Ball tickets for those that exceed the minimum $150 during the Blitz time frame. We have emailed the fundraiser goals and incentives to all cadets and guardians.
The Bronco battalion conducted and completed another successful highway cleanup for the 2-mile strip of road located in front of Legacy High School, starting in front of Linda jobe Middle School this morning. We are proud of their effort and commitment to our community.
24 JAN CLASS NOTES
1) Raiders Practice Monday. Monday is also Legacy High School’s Spring Open House.
2) Our teams will be competing at Waco High School’s Drill Meet on Saturday, 1 February. Parents and friends are welcome to attend. We will depart by bus at 8:30 am. Each cadet should bring about $10 for lunch. The bus will return at approximately 6:00 pm.
3) Color Guard should bring in their uniforms in by Wednesday for pre-inspection next week.
4) This Saturday January 25th is our “Adopt-a-Highway” roadside clean-up project. At 7:45 a.m., please link up at the Nelson-Wyatt and Business 287 intersection. Wear long pants, closed-toe shoes, work gloves and any other climate appropriate clothing. We should be complete by 1:00 p.m.
5) Please put at least 10 contacts into your Fan-Pledge account for our February fund-raiser. Our Activity Account barely has enough money to finish paying for the Military Ball.
6) Sign up forms for the voluntary Pickle Parade are by the clipboard. Interested cadets can take a Community Service Trackerwith them to earn service hours.
7) Military Ball Tickets are available starting 1 February at $40. Cadets may lower that price exponentially by getting Fan-Pledge support. Free tickets can even be earned by helping us help them. Parents and family members may make their Military Ball ticket purchases by cash or check. Please make checks payable to Legacy High School.
8) The 2020 Boys State Application is now LIVE. Interested Male LET 3 OR Male Cadets in their Junior Year may sign up for selection consideration. See MAJ Johnson or SFC Watkins for more details.
QUOTE OF THE WEEK: “Try to be a rainbow in someone’s cloud.”
– Maya Angelou
Cadets and friends helped recover wreaths from the DFW National Cemetery in Grand Prairie this past Saturday. There were 10,000+ wreaths placed there for the holidays during the 2019 Wreaths Across America event, supported by the Bush Family Foundation. Our cadets were very helpful in laying the wreaths.
Stationary Drill Commands and Movements
JROTC Rank Insignias
Cadets may now use the interactive Ribbon Sorter Tool to get your ribbons into the proper order. This useful resource is provided on the usarmyjrotc website.
Cadet_Reference_V6 is a complete guide for the JROTC Cadet. Find answers to wear of your uniform, rank structures, etc. easily.