24 JAN CLASS NOTES
1) Raiders Practice Monday. Monday is also Legacy High School’s Spring Open House.
2) Our teams will be competing at Waco High School’s Drill Meet on Saturday, 1 February. Parents and friends are welcome to attend. We will depart by bus at 8:30 am. Each cadet should bring about $10 for lunch. The bus will return at approximately 6:00 pm.
3) Color Guard should bring in their uniforms in by Wednesday for pre-inspection next week.
4) This Saturday January 25th is our “Adopt-a-Highway” roadside clean-up project. At 7:45 a.m., please link up at the Nelson-Wyatt and Business 287 intersection. Wear long pants, closed-toe shoes, work gloves and any other climate appropriate clothing. We should be complete by 1:00 p.m.
5) Please put at least 10 contacts into your Fan-Pledge account for our February fund-raiser. Our Activity Account barely has enough money to finish paying for the Military Ball.
6) Sign up forms for the voluntary Pickle Parade are by the clipboard. Interested cadets can take a Community Service Trackerwith them to earn service hours.
7) Military Ball Tickets are available starting 1 February at $40. Cadets may lower that price exponentially by getting Fan-Pledge support. Free tickets can even be earned by helping us help them. Parents and family members may make their Military Ball ticket purchases by cash or check. Please make checks payable to Legacy High School.
8) The 2020 Boys State Application is now LIVE. Interested Male LET 3 OR Male Cadets in their Junior Year may sign up for selection consideration. See MAJ Johnson or SFC Watkins for more details.
QUOTE OF THE WEEK: “Try to be a rainbow in someone’s cloud.”
– Maya Angelou