Our Spring Break this year was abruptly extended due to a new virus, Covid-19, that has changed about every aspect of the school year. Due to the need for all of us to “social distance”, we find that we need to get used to online learning, and quick. Our JROTC classes are still missing several students yet, and we hope all is well at home for them. We hope that our Bronco families are safe and virus-free. Please read Major Johnson’s Skyward messages and join us online. Both SFC Watkins and the Major look forward to seeing you. This historic pandemic will end, but we certainly do not know when. Until then, please stay safe. You are important to us.
When: Sat, 7 March at 6:15 pm
Where: Arlington Sheraton Hotel on 2nd Floor
Formal dress uniform (white button-down shirt and black bowtie) for male cadets. Dresses (must be approved) or correctly-worn dress uniform for female cadets.
The cadets should be picked up at 10:30 pm.
We look forward to a wonderful evening with our guests.
The Bronco Blitz raised over $11K in the three weeks our fundraiser was online. We want to thank each cadet for their hard work and each fan for the terrific help. What a great effort. Our highest earners were Cadet Lawhorn and Cadet Hanson. Charlie Company even earned a pizza party for exceeding the goals. The money will serve our cadets well as the instructors work with the battalion to increase the opportunities available for growth in every cadet. Our goal is to help all cadets reach their full potential.
For the cadets and guests attending the Bronco Battalion 2020 Military Ball, below will be the link to a forum where you may choose your dining for the evening. Please select the option you would like so that you receive the correct items.
The Bronco battalion conducted and completed another successful highway cleanup for the 2-mile strip of road located in front of Legacy High School, starting in front of Linda jobe Middle School this morning. We are proud of their effort and commitment to our community.
24 JAN CLASS NOTES
1) Raiders Practice Monday. Monday is also Legacy High School’s Spring Open House.
2) Our teams will be competing at Waco High School’s Drill Meet on Saturday, 1 February. Parents and friends are welcome to attend. We will depart by bus at 8:30 am. Each cadet should bring about $10 for lunch. The bus will return at approximately 6:00 pm.
3) Color Guard should bring in their uniforms in by Wednesday for pre-inspection next week.
4) This Saturday January 25th is our “Adopt-a-Highway” roadside clean-up project. At 7:45 a.m., please link up at the Nelson-Wyatt and Business 287 intersection. Wear long pants, closed-toe shoes, work gloves and any other climate appropriate clothing. We should be complete by 1:00 p.m.
5) Please put at least 10 contacts into your Fan-Pledge account for our February fund-raiser. Our Activity Account barely has enough money to finish paying for the Military Ball.
6) Sign up forms for the voluntary Pickle Parade are by the clipboard. Interested cadets can take a Community Service Trackerwith them to earn service hours.
7) Military Ball Tickets are available starting 1 February at $40. Cadets may lower that price exponentially by getting Fan-Pledge support. Free tickets can even be earned by helping us help them. Parents and family members may make their Military Ball ticket purchases by cash or check. Please make checks payable to Legacy High School.
8) The 2020 Boys State Application is now LIVE. Interested Male LET 3 OR Male Cadets in their Junior Year may sign up for selection consideration. See MAJ Johnson or SFC Watkins for more details.
QUOTE OF THE WEEK: “Try to be a rainbow in someone’s cloud.”
– Maya Angelou
Cadets and friends helped recover wreaths from the DFW National Cemetery in Grand Prairie this past Saturday. There were 10,000+ wreaths placed there for the holidays during the 2019 Wreaths Across America event, supported by the Bush Family Foundation. Our cadets were very helpful in laying the wreaths.
Our Annual Legacy JROTC Military Ball is from 6:30 pm to 10:30 pm on March 7th at the Sheraton Hotel of Arlington. The hotel is located at 1500 Convention Center Drive near Six Flags. We will be using the Lone Star Ballroom on the second floor. Tickets are available from February 1st thru 25th. Please make any checks payable to Legacy High School.
Dress for ladies is formal dress, gown or pantsuit that has been approved by staff ladies in advance. Please email or show them pictures of your proposed attire to ensure it is approved for this event.
Dress for gentlemen is formal. Male cadets wear their Class A dress uniform with white shirts and black bow ties. There are pictures of such clothing for our cadets on the Military Ball Attire slides found next to the post. Male dates should wear dress coat, collared shirts, and tie. No jeans are permitted, nor are those pants with holes cut in them.
Our meal selections are being considered right now by staffers. Cost of attendance is $40 per seat. Cadets can earn reduced-price tickets and free tickets by surpassing specific quotas (I hate this term too) in the once-only fundraiser during February. All tickets must be purchased before the 25th of February. Please make all checks payable to Legacy High School. As an incentive to our families, our ‘Centurion’ parents, or those that support their cadet with over $100 on Fan-Pledge, will be given free ticket to the Ball.
Stationary Drill Commands and Movements
JROTC Rank Insignias
Cadets may now use the interactive Ribbon Sorter Tool to get your ribbons into the proper order. This useful resource is provided on the usarmyjrotc website.